10.15.2011

Newsprint Nails


  Hey peeps, I know I haven't posted in a while and I have a boatload of things I want to talk about. I wanted to write a post about my nails. I was browsing through Youtube (love youtube- don't know what I would do without it) and I came across a video that described how to create newsprint nails. It was simple yet brilliant and I just had to try it. Now I am not a nail fanatic. I don't have my nails done every week and since I never take care of them, they always look ugly and chip all the time. However, since this video, I decided to have fun with them and paint them more often. Well, here is my version of Newsprint Nails. Btw, the pics aren't that great.
 

The color is Utopia by Petites #553. It looks way better than these awful pics. When I first bought it, I thought it would be over the top but it turned out perfect. I used 2 coats of the nail polish and let it dry. Then, I dipped my nail in alcohol for several seconds and stuck newspaper, with print of course, right on my nail. I made sure the letters were going the right direction and angle I wanted. I put a top coat of clear nail polish and voila! There you have it, glittery newsprint nails. Try this look and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment